Tuesday, November 18, 2008

George Clayton Johnson called



Woot! I'm way behind on my blogging, but I wanted to mention that on September 21, 2008, George Clayton Johnson left a message on my answering machine. Yes, that George Clayton Johnson: co-author of Logan's Run, author of "The Man Trap" for the original Star Trek, contributor to the original Twilight Zone.

We'd met at the San Diego Comic-Con this year, at which I was one of the Special Guests, and I'd given him a copy of my new short-story collection Identity Theft and Other Stories. George's message said:
I just read your short story "Immortality," and it utterly killed me. What a beautiful piece of work!
Woohoo!

("Immortality" was my story originally written for the anthology Stars: Stories Based on the Songs of Janis Ian.)



(Dinner at San Diego Comic-Con, 24 July 2008. Left to right: David Gerrold, Carolyn Clink, Robert J. Sawyer, Walter Koenig, William F. Nolan; facing us: George Clayton Johnson.)

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home