Thursday, November 13, 2008

Keynotes R Us



I give a lot of keynote addresses. Today's was special, though: it was for the annual meeting of the Science Teachers Association of Ontario. My talk was on "Using Science Fiction in the Science Classroom," and it was very well received.

Also, I just received a nice bit of feedback on the previous keynote I did, a talk on the future of health care for the Grey-Bruce Health Region (a group of hospitals and allied services in Ontario):
"Your presentation was the highlight of our event. You presented compelling scenarios regarding what we could expect to see for healthcare in the future with an engaging and humourous style. It was a fascinating topic, well researched and presented by a gifted speaker, and it captivated the audience throughout."
Always nice to be appreciated!

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


2 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 1:18 PM , Blogger Saratinia said...

I attended this talk and thought it was great. I already use Calculating God in my class but I came away with some ideas for other classes.

I was looking for a link to the slide show on your website and could not find it - can you help me out with that?

 
At November 17, 2008 3:01 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

My PowerPoint is at:

http://sfwriter.com/stao2008.ppt

I'll leave it up for a few more days. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home