Monday, October 5, 2009

Rob the cover boy


I'm the cover boy on the current issue of the Thornhill Post, a monthly publication distributed for free to affluent homes and in street-corner boxes in Thornhill, Ontario.

Thornhill is just north of Toronto. I don't live there anymore, but I did when my first novel Golden Fleece came out; and I did when I won the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America's Nebula Award for Best Novel of the Year (for The Terminal Experiment), and it's where I wrote FlashForward, the basis for the ABC TV series.

You can read the article here, or browse the digital edition (exactly matching the print one) here (see the cover, plus pages 30 and 31).

The cover caption reads:
THE WRITE STUFF
ROBERT J. SAWYER
This Sci-Fi Shakespeare on his hot new TV show,
his love of Thornhill and why our area is the
best outpost this side of the galaxy
The Thornhill Post is one of the PostCity magazines; I was also on the cover back in 1996, on the occasion of my Nebula win.

Visit The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site
and WakeWatchWonder.com

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

At October 06, 2009 1:35 PM , Blogger Christopher Eric Olson said...

As far as newspaper headlines go, "The Write stuff" seems to be as prolific as "World's oldest man dies."

I hope you live long enough to inherit both headlines!

 
At October 06, 2009 1:43 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Thanks, Christopher. I think the pun I made as a short-story title about conservative thinking and space travelers was much better: "The Right's Tough."

 
At October 06, 2009 5:04 PM , Blogger Christopher Eric Olson said...

Impressive pun! As someone who wracks his brain trying to think up headlines, I assumed the only good titles were alliterations.

I wonder if my liberal opinions will be recast as conservative in a few decades time, or whether I'll develop conservative thinking as a result of my aging.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home