Wednesday, December 26, 2007

One of the most pleasant Christmases in years



Carolyn and I started the day by visiting her mother's house, where her side of the family had gathered, and then it was off to the home of my brother Peter and his wife Jacquie for a wonderful turkey dinner. A really nice day.

Among Carolyn and my presents were some TV shows on DVD, including:
  • Little Mosque on the Prairie, Season 1 (Canadian sitcom)
  • Extras, Season 2 (HBO sitcom)
  • Corner Gas, Season 4 (Canadian sitcom)
  • Seinfeld, Season 5
plus Battlestar Galactica: Razor and the new "Quantum Edition" of What the Bleep do we Know?, plust the new tin-box The Monkees Collector's Edition CD set, Spock vs. Q -- the sequel on audio cassette, and a lovely model Parasaurolophus, gift cards to our local cinema and Chapters, and lots of nice sweaters and shirts.
The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


7 Comments:

At December 26, 2007 8:57 PM , Blogger Jim Shannon said...

Nice. Sounds like you cleaned up pretty good.

I got me a Yamaha Keyboard and an Edmonton Oiler Blanky. Perfect for watching The Oilers beat the snot out of The Flames hehehe.

I didn't get anything science fictionish though. I got gift cards for Coles so I could get an RJS book but I'm waiting for Rollback when it comes out in mmp.

The Monkees? Are you talking about the band from the 60's? I thought you were too young to remember that era. I used to watch them live on TV as a kid growing up in the 60's.

Nice haul though.

 
At December 26, 2007 8:59 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

I was six when THE MONKEES debuted, Jim. And I went to see them on reunion tour, oh, a decade or more ago.

 
At December 27, 2007 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a writer on Little Mosque I am glad it was in your stocking. I am a great fan of your work!

 
At December 27, 2007 12:28 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Hi, Al. How wonderful to hear from you! THANK YOU for the kind words!

By the way, one of your cast members is an old friend of mine: Neil Crone and I studied Radio and Television Arts together at Ryerson; we both graduated in the class of 1982.

 
At December 28, 2007 2:45 PM , Blogger Beaker said...

What the Bleep Do We Know? Do you actually believe that crap? I love and hate quantum physics as it's an interesting field of study but it's also become a last refuge for true believers. Also there's nothing funny about being Muslim try reading the book Infidel and tell me that little mosque is still funny.

 
At December 28, 2007 3:01 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

My goodness! Somebody clearly got a lump of coal in their stocking ...

 
At December 30, 2007 2:54 AM , Blogger Beaker said...

Actually I got Blade Runner Ultimate Edition and Close Encounters of the third Kind Ultimate Edition as well as money so I'm sittin' pretty. I know that little mosque serves a purpose as muslims have become the outcasts of society as of late but that one movie everytime it comes up it's blind rage (I am an angry skeptic after all) When you look into it you find out that the people who made it have motives and are not interested in exploring spirituality they've already made up thier minds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_bleep_do_we_know

Looking back though my comment is a bit crusty. Didn't mean to put a damper on your x-mas Rob. I respect what you do and did not mean anything by it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home