Monday, December 24, 2007

Sontarans rock



The very first Doctor Who serial I ever watched was "The Time Warrior," featuring the third (and still my favourite) Doctor, Jon Pertwee.

When I first saw it, I had no idea that it was a turning point in the series: it contained not only the first-ever mention of the name of The Doctor's home planet (Gallifrey), but also the introduction of one of his most popular companions, Sarah Jane Smith -- and was also the introduction of what, to this day, are my favourite aliens from the series, the Sontarans (of which Linx or Lynx [you see both spellings online although the actual call sheet for the production of the episodes uses the former], played by Kevin Lindsay, shown above, was the first).

A site called The Mind Robber gathers everything we know about Sontarans under the title We Love Sontarans, and also contains the news that in the fourth series of the new Doctor Who, the Sontarans will follow in the footsteps (treadmarks?) of the Daleks and the Cyberman, returning to the show, with a new, updated look:



The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


1 Comments:

At July 14, 2008 4:06 PM , Blogger tyler said...

I think the fouth series is good but i liked the stolen Earth and Journey's end but it maked me cry in where the doctor got shot by a dalek and the end of journey's end where rose and the two doctors was talking to eachother but that made me cry but i think that was the best of the doctor who series ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home