Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Spotlight: Public Readings

It's Monday morning: time for another RJS Monday Spotlight, calling attention to one of the 500+ documents on my website at sfwriter.com.

As it happens, I'm in Alberta right now. Yesterday, I did a reading from Mindscan at the Edmonton Public Library, which went over very well. Indeed, people often compliment me not just on what I read but how well I read it, which is nice. There's nothing more excruciating than sitting through a bad public reading, which is why, back in 1992, I wrote this little guide to doing readings. Enjoy!


5 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 1:15 AM , Blogger GreatOne said...

Hi Robert! I enjoy your blog, you seem to know what you are doing with this blog stuff. I was wondering if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think? I am trying to garner some feedback so I can better my own blog. I would appreciate it!

 
At January 31, 2006 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not record a couple of these sessions and put out an audiobook?

I didn't see any entries on sfwriter when I did a search for audiobooks.

best,

Jonathan

 
At January 31, 2006 8:42 PM , Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Robert,
The guide was a goldmine. I am at a losss for the reading chart of word per minute. wow! talk about crossing your T's dotting your I's.

 
At January 31, 2006 10:49 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Thanks, everyone! JKS, I've been thinking of podcasting some of my fiction ...

You can get my Hugo Award-nominated short story "Shed Skin" as an MP3 audio book at Fictionwise, and an unabridged audio book of my The Terminal Experiment is commercially available on audio cassettes.

 
At February 05, 2006 12:51 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Thanks, FixsWhatsBroken! I'm looking into it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home