FlashForward is coming back in style
ABC remains totally committed to FlashForward, the TV series based on my novel of the same name, and we'll be having a massive relaunch in March:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. Eastern, right after Lost, ABC will be airing a one-hour clip show summarizing our first ten episodes.
Two days later, on Thursday, March 18, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern, two new episodes are airing back-to-back in a two-hour block.
Two days later, on Saturday, March 20, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern ABC repeats those episodes
That's five prime-time hours devoted to FlashForward in one week. It's a a major relaunch, folks. :)
Why the clip show? Easy.
- Because it's been three months since we were last on the air and we want to remind our loyal viewers of what's happened to date in the storyline;
- Because we're hoping to entice some of Lost's audience, who might not have yet given us a try, to see what we're all about;
- Because we're hoping that those who haven't watched us before because we're an 8:00 p.m. show and they're 10:00 p.m. viewers will discover us;
- Because we want to herald the arrival of new episodes, starting just two days later, as effectively as possible;
- Because this, and the fact that ABC is also repeating our first two new episode justs two days after they first air, signals to the industry that ABC is still 100% behind, promoting, and supporting FlashForward, and that we all intend to be back for a second year.