Saturday, June 20, 2009

Touring for Wake comes to an end


And that's a wrap!

Today I did my final scheduled touring event to promote my new novel Wake.

The touring started on Monday, April 13, 2009, at Borderlands Books in San Francisco.

That was followed April 17-19, 2009, at Xanadu Las Vegas, the wonderful science-fiction convention I was author guest of honor at.

Then there were stops in Vancouver, British Columbia; Calgary, Alberta; Edmonton, Alberta; Moncton, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; Toronto, Ontario; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Waterloo, Ontario; Sudbury, Ontario; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; and finally, this afternoon, in Regina, Saskatchewan. It's been exhilarating, exhausting, and, I believe, effective.

Many thanks to the people who made this tour possible. All the wonderful booksellers; Penguin Canada (and my publicist there, Debbie Gaudet); plus Carolyn Clink, who worked very hard booking media for me; and the friends who lent a hand as I traveled across the continent: Kaye Mason, Bonnie Jean Mah, Kirstin Morrell, Randy McCharles, Vanessa G. Gaudio, Hayden Trenholm, Liz Trenholm, and Edward Willett -- I couldn't have done it without you!

Of course, my travels are by no means over: I've still got numerous trips still coming up this year.

Photograph copyright 2009 by Charles Mohapel.

Visit The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site
and WakeWatchWonder.com

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

At June 21, 2009 12:08 PM , Blogger relop7 said...

My wife took Wake away from me and she is almost done reading it. I can not wait to read it.

What is your next book about? A little hint? :-)

You should have more videos posted of your presentations because they are interesting and very dinamic and gives a different perspective to the book.

thx. You are THE MAN.

-tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home