Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm a crossword puzzle clue!


I'm the answer to clue 36-Down in the May 4, 2009, crossword puzzle in The Globe and Mail: Canada's National Newspaper. The clue is:

Robert ____ (renowned Canadian novelist)

You can access it online here.

Many thanks to my old friend CBC Radio producer Doug MacDonald (who produced "What If? An Exploration of Alternative Histories," a two-hour Ideas documentary series I wrote and narrated in 1990) for bringing this to my attention.

Update: Holy cow! Turns out I was also independently the answer to a clue in the crossword puzzle in The Toronto Star on Saturday, May 2: 76-Down was "Science-fiction author, first writer-in-residence at the Canadian Light Source (Saskatoon)." How cool is that?

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site

Labels:


3 Comments:

At May 03, 2009 6:09 PM , Blogger Celsius1414 said...

Spoiler alert! ;)

 
At May 03, 2009 10:04 PM , Blogger J0hnnyB said...

Doug can see into the future! That's tomorrow's crossword. It'll be available on the CBC web site, too: http://www.cbc.ca/diversions/crossword/

 
At May 03, 2009 10:56 PM , Blogger Mark Leslie said...

Darn, I got it wrong. I tried to write "JSAWYER" into the puzzle and messed everything up. Too bad I used pen. :(

Seriously, that's really cool, Rob.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home