Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wake delivered



I am delighted to announce that today I delivered the 100,000-word manuscript for Wake, my 18th novel, to Ginjer Buchanan at Penguin USA's Ace Science Fiction imprint and to Nicole Winstanely at Penguin Canada.

I'm sure there will still be another draft, when my editors request revisions, and I'm still waiting for some feedback from experts who are reviewing the manuscript -- I'll incorporate what they have to say in the final draft. But, for now, I can set the book aside, and work on something else -- like the sequel! Wake is the first volume of my WWW trilogy; the second volume will be called Watch and the third will be Wonder.

I started writing the actual manuscript of Wake on Friday, November 5, 2004. Back then, I'd conceived of it as a standalone novel. I took a break, wrote Rollback, and came back to the project, re-envisioning it as a trilogy.

The book is scheduled for Spring 2009 publication.

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


7 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 1:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Rob! I'm very enthusiastic about your new project, and a little bummed I'm going to have to wait a year and change to get a chance to read the first installment.

 
At February 21, 2008 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing and delivering the first draft. Ugh! Spring 2009 seems so far off...

 
At February 21, 2008 5:39 PM , Blogger Ron S. Friedman said...

Congratulations Rob.

I look forward to seeing it in bookstores.

Ron

 
At February 21, 2008 7:32 PM , Blogger fheywood said...

Congratulations Rob! I can't wait...

 
At February 26, 2008 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You go Rob! Now, I don't know for you other fine gentlemen, but I'll hop into my TARDIS and travel to next year!

Signed,

The Doctor.

 
At February 28, 2008 2:41 PM , Blogger Ian said...

Cool! Can't wait. I just finished reading Rollback, and was completely blown away. Congrats on the Hugo nom.

Ian

 
At March 02, 2008 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to read it. What are the chances that it will be serialized before it's release like Rollback was? It was well worth paying for Rollback twice to be able to read it early!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home