Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Watch the skies

Wednesday was another day of dealing with the aftermath of the accident. I had a long-standing commitment to speak to the Toronto Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada -- and I had absolutely zero chance to prepare my talk in advance. So I just got up and winged it -- an hour and a half talk, plus 30 minutes of Q&A. Fortunately, the audience was very supportive and kind, and they really seemed to enjoy my talk.

Thursday, Carolyn and I get a little respite from all the stress of the past week: we've got tickets to see comedian Dennis Miller live. I'm very much looking forward to that.


2 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for a most engaging time. My teenage daughter hung on every word you spoke, and the discussion on the way home was all about a number of books you spoke about that were NOT yours.

I'm going to have to dig out my copy of Dragons Egg, for instance. Then again, it's probably about time I re-acquainted myself with the Cheela, anyway.

Again, thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Roger

 
At October 06, 2006 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad that there were no serious injuries.

Going to see Dennis Miller will be wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home