Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chicago Manual of Style online and CD-ROM



For decades, The Chicago Manual of Style has been the arbiter of how text is presented on the published page. Finally, there's an online version (by subscription -- US$25 a year if you sign up before the end of the month, US$30 a year after that) and a CD-ROM version, which, I'll note, is much cheaper from Amazon.ca (in Canada) than it is from Amazon.com, for some reason.

Anyway, some writers are indifferent to the sorts of niceties CMS deals with, but I find them endlessly fascinating (which is one of the reasons I put together Notes for the Copyeditor for my novels).

You can get a free trial of the new CMS Online here, and searching on "Chicago Manual of Style CD-ROM" will bring you to the Amazon.ca and Amazon.com listings for it.


1 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I can post from my Blogger Account!

Okay, happy dance over.

That said, I'm thinking that I'll be sticking with the dead-tree edition for the time being, Rob. I bought my first edition back at v.15, if memory serves, for my Gotham City project back in the day, and it's been a few years since then...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home