Friday, May 29, 2009

Karen Gillan new companion for Doctor Who


Readers of my fiction occasionally think they can tease out details about my private life from what I write. One such surmise I hear periodically is that I must have a thing for red-headed women (they cite Lenore from Rollback and Tess from End of an Era).

I neither confirm nor deny this, but instead simply post the first official photo of the new companion for the Doctor, and say, "Yowza!"
Visit The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site
and WakeWatchWonder.com

Labels:


5 Comments:

At May 29, 2009 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does seem to be the consensus for the male fans to date. I keep waiting for the day when the BBC suits decide to make the Doctor become an attractive woman in one of incarnations. They seem to like the idea of sexual tension between the Doctor and his companions.

 
At May 29, 2009 7:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've not yet read Mindscan, but I remember a red-headed Lenore from Rollback. Same character, coincidence, or wrong book mentioned? :)

 
At May 29, 2009 7:31 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Whups! Fixed. ;)

 
At May 31, 2009 2:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, it is funny that all the Doctor’s incarnations are of English men and not other ethnic or sexual types, and you would think, considering BBC’s policy of avoiding parochialism, that they would do better than have one doctor who was from the North. I suppose even with all their PC intentions there are limits. After all, the doctor is a native of Galafrey, and everyone there never much looked different, at last look, from all the other doctors.

 
At June 01, 2009 9:34 AM , Blogger Stephen Kotowych said...

I've never met a straight man who DOESN'T have a thing for red-heads :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home