Monday, March 9, 2009

AdWords and me

I always find it interesting to see who is ponying up to use my name in the Google AdWords program (the thing that puts sponsored links to the right of Google search results). Chapters.ca and Amazon.ca have both bought "Robert Sawyer," which is fine by me, and my speakers bureau has sometimes bought my name in association with other words, such as "talk" or "keynote."

But now ABE.com has bought "sawyer flashforward" -- to steer people interested in the show to their used-book service. Folks, my novel Flash Forward is in print, and has been continuously since it was first published a decade ago. You can get new copies in paperback easily, you can buy it for the Kindle, and you can get it as an audiobook from Audbile.com, or you can buy an autographed copy directly from me: all those things put money in my pocket, and I'm very grateful for that. But if you buy a used copy through ABE.COM or any other source, well, I don't make a cent. Just so you know. :)

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 3:53 PM , Blogger TheHade said...

Yes, I ordered "Flashforward" from you recently! Thanks a lot for offering this awesome opportunity!
By the way, what should I read next?

 
At March 10, 2009 3:59 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

If you liked Flash Forward, I think you'll also like Hominids , Mindscan, and Calculating God.

 
At March 25, 2009 2:50 PM , Blogger TheHade said...

I only saw your reply now. Thank you very much for your recommendation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home