Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ad Astra

Ad Astra, Toronto's annual general-interest SF convention, wrapped up today.

It was one of the best Ad Astras in years, and I had a great time. Highlights included drinks Friday night with David G. Hartwell, Kathryn Cramer, Terence M. Green, Merle Casci, and their children; giving a standing-room-only reading from Wake, a great panel today on ebooks, and a Robert J. Sawyer newsgroup luncheon.

Herb Kauderer took some photos of the luncheon:


Hayden Trenholm, Elizabeth Trenholm


Margaret Chown, Al Katerinsky


Robert J. Sawyer


Sally Tomasevic, Marcel Gagné

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site

Labels:


3 Comments:

At March 30, 2009 10:00 AM , Blogger Andy Taylor said...

It was a very good Ad Astra.

I somehow managed to unintentionally miss most of your panels. I was disappointed that the con didn't do a better job of listing the panelists in the program guide.

I understand you were supposed to be on the Small Press Panel Sunday morning. It was the one panel I thought I would see you at. Oh, well maybe next year.

Glad you had a great con and see you in Sudbury in May at your promo for Wake. Looking forward to it.

Andy

 
At March 30, 2009 10:53 AM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Hi, Andy. Yes, that was the one flaw at Ad Astra this year that I saw: the failure to list panelists in the program book.

I was indeed supposed to be on the small-press panel. I was actually quite sick over the weekend, and bowed out of my first two Sunday panels so that I could sleep some more. I had a total of eight hours of programming over Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m., and Sunday they had me on at 11:00 to 1:00 and 2:00 to 4:00, and it was just too much, given the cold I was fighting. Sorry to miss you!

 
At March 30, 2009 4:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi Robert, i am so glad you had a great time! We were really happy to have you! Hopefully we can keep in touch!

hugs

adrienne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home