Monday, February 16, 2009

Alternative Worlds on Calculating God


Harriet Klausner -- Amazon.com's #1 reviewer -- now has a website devoted to science fiction and fantasy reviews, and she's just posted a review of my Calculating God, which says in part:
Although most of this profound science fiction novel is passive as the two scientists debate the existence of God, this is a terrific tale that will have the audience pondering how they would we react if an ET arrived with strong empirical evidence that God exists. The story line mostly focuses on Hollus the believer and Thomas the non-believer who wants to believe as he is dying from cancer. There is also a limited but fascinating look at the reactions of various people from the Intelligent Design crowd to the Darwinists and all sorts in between who have their own agendas. Fans of cerebral science fiction will relish the visit from a theistic evolutionary ET spider.
I'm actually re-visiting Calculating God myself: I'm listening to Audible.com's Audie-award-nominated audiobook of the novel right now; the reading, by Jonathan Davis, is terrific.

(Oh, and a shout-out to Kirstin Morrell for drawing the Klausner review to my attention.)

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site

Labels:


2 Comments:

At February 16, 2009 1:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is the first Sawyer book I read, and I recommended it to everyone I know! And have read everything else I've gotten my hands on, in fairly quick succession. I am still missing a few, but man let me tell you--I really love this story and all your work I've read since. :)

 
At February 16, 2009 1:47 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Thank, you RichLayers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home