Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SFScope: My Favorite News Site



Over the years, a lot of science-fiction news sites have appeared. I check all of them from time to time, but for many months now my favorite has been one that's fairly new on the scene: SFScope, edited by Ian Randal Strock, formerly of Analog, and also associated with Science Fiction Chronicle and Artemis.

Why do I like this one so much?

1) It is updated very frequently -- much more so than its competitors these days

2) It liberally includes links to the original sources, something some of its competitors don't do enough of

3) It updates stories -- and consolidates those updates regularly, so you can easily find them, again, something most of the competition never bothers to do.

4) It's got a clean, simple, easy-to-read layout. 'Nuff said. :)

SFScope is the only SF&F news site I check every day now.


The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site


3 Comments:

At November 14, 2007 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the link.

I'd like to pass along another nifty site. It's in Blog format and updated daily. It's called "SF Signal"

There's a link to it on my website
on the left sidebar right next to the Charles Stross link. I think it's google page rank is quite high and it's very popular.

I think you'd like it.

 
At November 14, 2007 5:45 PM , Blogger Lou Anders said...

Agreed. I am amazed at how quickly the site went from brand new to "essential" in my daily viewing.

 
At November 14, 2007 7:53 PM , Blogger Old Darth said...

Thanks Rob and Jim.

Great sites!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home