Friday, September 14, 2007

Percy Rodriguez, R.I.P.



Canadian actor Percy Rodriguez -- known to Classic Star Trek fans as Commodore Stone from "Court-Martial" -- has passed away.

It's hard to overstate the impact in 1967 of having Captain Kirk's superior officer be a black man, and the absolute authority and dignity Rodriguez brought to the part was perfect.

I'm sorry to see him go; I've always liked his work. He was born in Montreal in 1924.

IMDb entry

Wikipedia entry

The Robert J. Sawyer Web Site

Labels:


1 Comments:

At September 14, 2007 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially liked Percy's work on the original Mission Impssoible. I mean what could be better working beside Martin Landau and Barbra Bain? (I think they-beside the great storys- made the show)I used to watch the original MI as a teenager in the 1960's. I paid special attention to Percy Rodriguez's bit.

When he came on I would always say to myself something like, "Hey , its that guy. Isn't that the same guy from one of those Star Trek episodes?"

The origianl cast of STOS is leaving us at far to an alarming rate, it's sad to see him go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home