Friday, September 1, 2006

Mississauga Write-Off Day One

All went well. My personal goal was 2,000 words -- and I got 2,189. Most everyone else met their goals, too.

We went on mass to Swiss Chalet (Canadian barbecue chicken franchise) for lunch; dinner was pizza (from Pizza Nova, for those who know Toronto pizza chains). Lots of great work done, lots of great conversation. In the evening, everyone but Carolyn and me participated in a critiquing session for manuscripts by Hayden and Randy. (I'm critiqued out, having done 16 at Odyssey, and having eight to do for my Banff group this month, and then a couple of dozen to do while I'm writer in residence at the Kitchener Public Library this fall.)

Later in the evening, we all watched the just-released 20-minute Writers and Illustrators of the Future documentary, which features many winners and judges, including me. It's quite a nifty documentary, and really captures the excitement of the awards ceremony and the workshop associated with it.

We're all going to bed before midnight tonight. Looks like rain tomorrow; maybe I'll put on a fire in the fireplace ...


1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 10:33 AM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

No, not as far as I know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home