Sunday, April 23, 2006

Monday Spotlight: End of an Era TV series pitch

I spent a fair bit of time this past week on stuff related to various potential TV/film adaptations of my novels and short stories, as well as looking at a media project somebody else wanted me to be involved with. And that put me amind of a pitch I put together six years ago to turn my novel End of an Era into a TV series. Of course, almost nothing that gets done for film/TV gets bought or produced, and this was no exception ... Still, it's a fun piece, although it contains major spoilers for the novel.

End of an Era TV Series Proposal


4 Comments:

At April 24, 2006 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when I was reading this, I thought it would make an interesting movie.

I don't think a TV show would work though. The story progression is too defined and with a set outcome. It's not open ended.

I'm not sure you could put too many "adventures" in there between the getting to the past and the "discovery" of what really wiped out the dinosaurs.

If it was a 4 or 6 part mini-series maybe, a movie fersure, but a TV show?

 
At April 24, 2006 2:12 PM , Blogger RobertJSawyer said...

Many TV shows aren't opened-ended these days, Don. "24" is a classic example; "Murder One" was another.

 
At April 24, 2006 6:47 PM , Blogger Horia Nicola Ursu said...

Nice plotting. Yeah, I can visualize this as a Tv show... Too bad it didn't work out.

 
At April 24, 2006 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point - and I should be more careful in what I say about current TV shows. You see, I haven't had any form of TV programming come into my place since 1992, so therefore can't really hold up my side of a valid discussion on this topic.

But as for your book, I still think it would be better as a movie :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home